Thursday, March 15, 2012

If the Shoe Fits...Or in this Case, Doesn't!

So, I have recently blogged about how my girls have totally changed personalities.  While I still hold this is true, there may be some reasons behind this change, that to be honest, I can’t believe took me so long to figure out!  Let me explain…
Zoey has started throwing some fits or tantrums, the way Kayla used to.  However, Zoey’s fits seem worse because at least with Kayla, if I picked her up she calmed down.  There seems to be no calming Zoey down.  At least that’s what I thought!  One day last week though, Zoey started throwing another fit for what seemed like no reason, I had to leave a restaurant, she continued to scream in the car and didn’t stop until we got into the house and I took off her shoes.  Her shoes!!  All of a sudden Zoey calmed down and actually started rubbing her feet.  I noticed as I was taking off her sneaker that her foot seemed all curled up and scrunched in the sneaker.  Then I also realized my girls are wearing the same pair of size 4 sneakers I bought them back in September or October when they started walking.  Could it be that since I haven’t bought them new sneakers, I was the reason for Zoey’s tantrums?  I don’t want to jinx it, but it appears to be the case!
I took the girls for new sneakers, size 5, on Friday, and since then I am happy to report Zoey has not thrown a fit.  Now, that’s not to say that she still hasn’t been demonstrating some of Kayla’s , how do I say, unattractive traits, like telling me “No” for everything.  But I’ll take the word, “no” over the tantrums any day!  Of course I now feel like a horrible mother that I let my poor Zoey walk around in shoes that were too small for at least 2 weeks.  But, hey, I am a first time mom and I guess mistakes like this are bound to happen.  Right?!  Needless to say, the girls are now in shoes that fit, seem happier and I am a little relieved.  Who would have thought it was all about the shoes?!  And surprisingly, Kayla’s feet are measuring a half size bigger than Zoey, but apparently, small shoes don’t seem ot bother her as much.  When will I ever figure twins out?!

No comments:

Post a Comment