Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Getting Good!

Sorry I haven’t blogged in a week or two, but having 2 19-month old girls is totally a full-time job!  I feel like I never sit down anymore!  But, as tiring as it is, the good news is, twins is getting better and better!  I am hoping I can figure out a way to post 2 of the cutest videos I can, but in the meantime, I will briefly explain 3 events that have taken place in the last 2 weeks that have made me once again, so thankful I have twins!

I was out to dinner with the girls, my sister-in-law and niece and nephew at one of my favorite spots, The Mixed Grill, in Plainview.  I love going out to eat there because the food is good, but they’re really great about kids there.  Anyway, we were all eating and Zoey told me she pooped (oh yeah, they’ve fully started telling me when they poop, at least once in a while) and I had to go change her in the trunk of my car (the one bad thing about Mixed Grill is no changing table in the bathroom).  Anyway, when we came back in she wouldn’t go back in her high chair.  Instead she sat on my lap, stuck her hand in my water cup and splashed Kayla who was sitting next to us in her highchair.  Kayla started cracking up and they continued to play this game for a good 5 minutes!  It was hysterical!  We were all drenched by the end of it, but oh my God, seeing them actually play together and entertaining each other so much was worth the wet clothes!

The, about a week ago, during the gorgeous weather we were having, my amazing babysitter, Emma, took the girls to the playground in my development.  ON the way home she actually got them to hold hands.  And, they didn’t just grab each others’ hands for a second and let go.  They walked hand in hand from the playground all the way home, and would not let go of each other.  I’m so sad I missed it, but since Emma is the best babysitter ever, she took a video of it.  Like I said, I will try to post it either here or on twinsplicity’s facebook page so you can see it!

And, finally, on Monday of this week I was home with the girls and my parents and we were playing in the living room after dinner.  All of a sudden, out of nowhere, Kayla ran up to Zoey and gave her a full arms around the shoulders hug and leaned her head on Zoey’s shoulder.  Me and my parents were dying and said “Ahhhhh.”  Kayla laughed at us and proceeded to hug Zoey while saying “ahhhh” about 10 times!  It was magical!

Needless to say, as difficult as having 2 babies, or should I say toddlers, can be, its moments like these that totally make it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment