Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We're moving to Florida!

We’re moving to Florida.  At least, I seriously considered this option after flying down for a family vacation last Tuesday.  Kayla was an angel, taking turns sitting on everyone’s laps, playing with stickers, eating some snacks.  However, her sister Zoey was a complete nightmare.  Literally screamed, not cried, screamed for 2.5 hours on a plane.  I tried everything – giving her her cup, snacks, different toys, sitting down, standing up, and walking up and down the aisle.  Nothing worked.  I held it together for most of the flight, but I think after about 2 hours, I started crying myself!  I just couldn’t take it anymore!  And while I’m sure most of the strangers on the plane were thinking to themselves, “Get this woman and her crying baby off the plane,” no one said it to my face!  IN fact, people were much nicer than I expected, making comments like, “Don’t worry, we’ve all been there.”  Anyway the point is, when Dave, Kayla, Zoey, Jaimie my sister-in-law with her family and Dave’s parents got off the plane in West Palm Beach, I looked at them and said, “Well, you’ll have to come visit us here because I am never doing that again!”
The rest of the vacation was fabulous though!  The girls had a great time in the pool, on the beach, although they were a little scared of the sand, at the park and most importantly with their family!  They were definitely a little clingy, especially to me, and were picked up by some family member at the slightest whimper, but I’m sure I’ll fix that now that we’re home.  That’s right; we did make it home to New York!  The flight back was perfect in fact.  It was during the girls nap time so they slept for about 2 hours of the flight, woke up happy, had some snacks and then landed without a peep!  So, a big thank you to my in-laws for another fabulous Grochow family vacation!  But, now it’s back to reality!  Dave already left for work and I’m taking the girls back to their partial separation mommy and me class today.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that they separate okay!  Of course, I’ll keep you posted!
On two side notes, I have guest blogged on an amazing site, Dana’s kids (www.danaskids.com)  It’s an amazing website with a ton of information for parents.  Please check out my post at http://danaskids.com/site/2012/02/13/guest-post-twinsplicity.  Thanks so much for all the support!
Lastly, I have to give a huge shout out to two of my favorite people, Jen and Adam Hartley.  They live in my development, literally down the street from me, and they are having twin girls this summer!  I could not be more excited!!  I know they will be the best parents of multiples ever!  And, Kayla and Zoey are so excited for more twins friends!  Just adding to the A-Team!!

No comments:

Post a Comment