Monday, November 28, 2011

A Cousins Sleepover

Hey everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!  We had a great holiday at my sister-in-law’s house, although Kayla threw a fit and refused to eat dinner at the table.  But, besides that, it was fabulous!  However, the most fun part of the holiday weekend came the next night, Friday night…
My sister-in-law and brother-in-law and my husband and I have always exchanged wedding anniversary gifts with each other.  This year, my husband had a great idea!  Instead of getting each other gifts, from now on we would take each other’s kids for a sleepover and a free night out!  So, my sister and brother-in-law’s anniversary was October 27 and we decided to take our 6 year old nephew and 3 year old niece for a sleepover at our house with the girls Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend.
The kids came over around 5pm and we fed everyone dinner.  Then we played in our basement and when it was time for the girls to get their bath and go to bed, we set up our niece and nephew with a TV show.  Once the girls were sleeping, we played the WII and around 8:30 our niece actually begged to go to sleep because she was so exhausted!  The kids came in our room a few times after we put them to bed before they actually went to sleep with some very funny excuses.  For example, the first time they came in, literally 2 minutes after we read books and said good-night, they said they had bad dreams.  Dave and I were like, “You couldn’t have had bad dreams, you didn’t even sleep yet!”  Then they fought over a stuffed animal, complained they were making mean faces at each other (which of course they wouldn’t know if their eyes were closed and they were really trying to go to sleep), but finally everyone was asleep by 10pm.  Dave and I looked at each other and both agreed it was a super fun night and relatively easy.   Then, everyone woke up on Saturday!
Oh my Gd, how do people have 4 kids?!  Everyone woke up at 6:30 am which is typical for us anyway.  But, there’s definitely as big difference between 2 kids and 4 kids!  Everyone was great, but my 6 year old nephew was not super into playing with the baby girly toys we have in our basement.  Our 3 year old niece was a little easier to please with the girls’ toys, but everyone always wanted to do something different!  My sister-in-law came to pick up the kids at 10 am and I felt like I had had a 12 hour day already!  Everyone was very delicious and fun, but it was exhausting!  People give me a lot of credit for having twins, but I have to give credit to anyone with more than 2 kids!
Now, I will definitely have my niece and nephew sleepover again for sure, as often as they want to.  I really did love having them here and I know as the girls get older and closer to their cousins it will be even more fun!  But, before the sleepover, Dave was kind of considering having more kids.  I think after the sleepover, we’re on the same page – 2 are more than enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment