Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Why 2 is really better than 1

Lately, my girls have been absolutely delicious!  And to celebrate that I am writing the reasons why having twins is so much better than having 1 baby at a time:

1.        You only have to have 1 birthday party per year
2.       When you’re in a store and you just can’t decide between 2 of the most adorable outfits, just buy them both!  You have 2 babies who need to be dressed so just go for it!
3.       If you were planning on just having 2 kids, and you have twins, you never have to think about it again.  No more pregnancy, no more baby stage, no more spit up or poop diapers.  You’re done! 
4.       When you have twins, a very special bond forms between you and other multiples of twins.  One of my closest friends now who is probably one of the only people who truly understands what I’m going through is my twins friend.  Even though she’s back at work now and I’m still home with the girls, we can relate to each other in a way our families and our other friends just can’t.  It’s amazing!
5.       If you like being the center of attention, having twins is for you!  You will get stopped everywhere you go.  Literally, I cannot walk down the mall without being stopped a bunch of times for people to marvel at the girls or tell me about someone in their family who has twins.  Again, this refers to number 4 on my list, there’s a special bond between people that have twins, even among strangers!
6.       There are very cute things to use to decorate when you have twins.  For example, my husband just bought me a decal for my car that is a picture of twin girls and says “Got Twins.”  We also saw online a sign to hang in their room that says, “Born together, friends forever.”  I have a picture frame with the saying, “Two peas in a pod” and it’s the cutest frame I own!
7.       I think the best part of having twins, especially same sex twins, is that they have an instant best friend.  Even at just 14 months old, you can see how much my girls love each other.  They look for each other, they cuddle with each other, and they play peek-a-boo with each other.  And from what I hear, it only gets better as they get older.  Of course, they’ll fight, but the always have that 1 person they can depend on.  They always have a playdate, someone to do anything with.  They always have someone to laugh with, cry to and spend life with, in a way I don’t think anyone but twins can truly understand. 
Okay, so here’s my list so far.  Hopefully I’ll add to it as the girls keep growing.  Stay tuned for my next blog which will be my list about why having twins is so much harder than having 1 baby at a time.  I think that list might be a little longer!!

1 comment: